Wednesday, October 09, 2013

Boo!

Hey guys :)

 I was just here removing some old links to an old gallery that we used to use and thought I'd do a quick update.

I have not posted here in a long time, I always found it a bit awkward because I felt like I was just repeating myself from the forums anyway which for me felt fake. I find the forums take up most of my spare time and well usually more then that, so I will probably close this blog down.

My main reason for having the blog was because I liked interacting with other low carbers from different countries but I don't really have the time to look at blogs and other forums anymore, due to personal reasons.

A lot has changed with the forums, they look a lot more different then they used to and I changed the logo (with my sons help) to match. I think it looks more polished.

Also, due to upgrading the forum software, we have a lot more features (including blogs and cms) so I find it's a lot easier to find articles outside of the actual forum and it meant I was able to tidy up the research section. You can now view by category, rather then scroll through previous categories before you get to what you need.

I finally categorised the recipe section in the forums which makes it a lot easier to find old low carb recipes, something I should've done a long time ago. I also made the diary section private, so as to prevent google and other search engines and bots from crawling peoples diaries. Of course the downside to that is google then got the poops because it can no longer access the diaries, I hope it gets over that soon, its been several months already!

Another thing for those in America that might be curious, I added some carb counts for fresh foods that uses Australian nutritional information as our food standards measure the actual carbohydrate count of foods rather then measure by difference like the USDA do. The link to them is in the navigational bar under the logo so very easy to find.

That's about it really, I started work on upgrading last year so its been a while now, I have a few tweaks to do but the majority of it is done.

Cheers :)

 [EDIT]Urghh, it would appear that I have forgotten how to use blogger, sorry for the bad formatting!

2 comments:

Aaron Grey said...

Hi, can I contact you through your email? I've something to share that might interest you.

Aaron
aarongrey112 gmail.com

Aaron Grey said...

Hey