Friday, November 21, 2008

Low Carb Recipes for Christmas

This is the biggest question usually asked on any low carb forum during this time of the year. I don't know about other forums but it never really gets addressed that much in the form of low carb Christmas recipes, usually every body forgets about low carb for the day. One thing I have noticed over the years is that, when fellow lowcarbers go all out on the carby stuff on Christmas day they end up in an all out carb fest which leads to a carby boxing day then the day after that and so on and before you know it, it is News Years Eve, you get the picture. A lot of people tend to get totally derailed with trouble getting back into the swing of things.

Now I don't do low carb completely, I do still treat myself on Christmas day but I try to eat mostly low carb. I find this helps getting straight back into it the next day, particularly because it is usually at my place so there's always plenty of leftovers so the more leftovers that are low carb, the better!

Because of this, I decided that I would have a play with some low carb recipes and thus as promised in a previous post I thought I would share what I have done so far, click on the recipe name to go to the recipe:


Low Carb Buche De Noel (Christmas Yule Log)




Inside:





Low Carb Pumpkin Cheesecake





And for something savoury:


Low Carb Slow Cooked Roast Lamb with Cranberry Sauce







The last pic doesn't really do it justice, the lamb is really, really yummy:)

10 comments:

The Bionic Broad said...

Sherrie,

Thank you for the recipes - they look like lifesavers. I know that on Thursday (Thanksgiving), that there won't be one speck of food at my mother-in-law's for me to eat other than the turkey, so I'm bringing my own. I refuse to gain an ounce over the Holidays. I'm one of the ones that would still be eating carbage in March. I am not even going to crack open that door.

Vikki said...

Shellie, you have me drooling over here. I've never had lamb but I've always figured it would be melt in your mouth delish! Thanks for the recipes and the ideas. Pumpkin cheese cake sound yummy too and I have a big bowl of cranberry sauce left over from Thanksgiving.

Have a wonderful holiday! and hug that sweet angel for me.

Sherrie said...

Bionic Broad, You're Welcome :)

Vikki You have to try slow cooking some lamb some time, I so love lamb, it has much more flavour then beef. I actually made this lamb recipe again on Sunday night as frozen cranberries and lamb were on special. Last time I was in a rush where as this time I wasn't and it was even more tender, YUM

Both Garry and my son Ryan and bugging me to make the pumpkin cheesecake again, they really liked it.

Cassie said...

Hello Sherrie,

LOVE your blog! I will make it short & sweet. I am interested in advertising on it (http://pinchof.blogspot.com) with a text link on the sidebar.

Please let me know if you might be interested. If we can come to a fair price, I will pre-pay for 1 year via paypal.

Many thanks, cheers!

All the best,
Cassie (cassie003@gmail.com)

Jennifer said...

Wishing you and your family a HAPPY New Year!

I think I saw a pic of your daughter on your blog last year. Oh my, she is a doll!!

Sherrie said...

Thanks Jennifer, she sure is a doll a very bossy one at that! :)

Happy New Year to you too!

Erika said...

Hey Sherrie,

Is it time for an update here or do you have another blog you're updating now?

Erika (aka) bsheets on the aus forum.

Sherrie said...

Hey Erika yes you're right I have been very slack! :)

My forum has been keeping me very busy. Will try to update soon!

Abagael said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
jhon said...

Great news and very interesting information to share with the readers.it has much more flavour then beef. I actually made this lamb recipe again on Sunday night as frozen cranberries and lamb were on special.
http://lahealthandrejuvenation.com/