Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Rethinking Low-Fat Advice and Living in Starvation Mode

I was looking through the forum for some articles on fat for one of our new members whom is a little worried about fat, particularly saturated fat, we have all been there, right?

Anyway, whilst doing so I came across a couple of little nuggets that I posted ages ago which were such a good read. I would link to the original articles but it seems they are no longer online which is such a shame, I am very grateful that I quoted them otherwise I would never have come across them again. I really enjoyed reading these again and wanted to share.

These articles are from 1998 published in the Healthy Weight Journal, yet so applicable today.

Rethinking Low-Fat Advice

Living in Starvation Mode

Enjoy :)

6 comments:

The Bionic Broad said...

Sherrie,

Every year, I see my students skip breakfast, eat fat-free Hot Cheetos with a sugary fruit drink for lunch, and who knows what they do for dinner. The girls, as young as fourteen, already have insulin bellies, and the boys are getting fatter every year, too. They are mostly Latino, and their diabetes rate is abysmal. They have been totally brainwashed that fat is the enemy, and sugar is an ally. I try to tell them, but to no avail. So sad.

Sherrie said...

Urghh!

What are fat free hot cheetos?

Jennifer said...

Wow, that is sad, Bionic broad.

Just saying, hi, Sherrie! :-)

admin said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
My Office said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
luccy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.