Monday, June 16, 2008

Low Carb Flourless Chocolate and Hazelnut Cake




I have been really enjoying the cream cheese muffin recipe from LCF for my breakfasts. I am currently debating between making another batch today or decarbing another yummy looking recipe that's a cross between cheesecake muffins and cake and yes you guessed it, it involves chocolate ;)

But anyway, last week I had something different for breakfast, something chocolaty and something surprisingly not rich despite all the 85% lindt chocolate, yet very satisfying!

But be warned, it is calorie dense and it is not ultra low carb, so do what I do and make it a meal such as breakfast, or save it for a treat. I cut mine into 12 slices, you could cut yours into 16 if you want, I have worked out the counts for both. The original cake is said to store in the fridge for 2 weeks. Do not eat this straight out of the fridge, always bring your peice down to room temperature first, I like to bring mine down to room temp then quickly put it in the oven just long enough to make the ganache all goey (shown in photo). I was thinking for the US visitors that you could probably bring the carb count down some more by using unsweetened bakers chocolate and a little extra sweetener, over here lindt 85% is the lowest you can find. Plus you could experiment with other sweeteners to bring the carb count down. Let me know how you go, we have a thread for it here. This is a de-carbed recipe by Belinda Jeffery and she is my new found favourite chef!


Low Carb Flourless Chocolate and Hazelnut Cake


No comments: