Saturday, May 17, 2008

Low Carb Chocolate and Pecan Brownies



I went off the elimination diet a while ago now, have toughened up on my carbs and have started playing in the kitchen. I am a chocolate lover and the elimination diet meant no chocolate so what do you think I wanted to play with first?

Chocolate!

These are yum so I thought I'd share, these are a low carb version of a Jamie Oliver recipe. Strangely enough, I find these very satisfying. I have another variation that I did the first time which is more chocolaty which you can find in my low carb brownie thread plus another member has posted another recipe which looks good but I haven't tried yet.

Now I will tell you straight off, that my taste buds are well adjusted to low carb, so depending on where you are at, you may find you need a little more splenda. I am thinking these would be even better with a sugar alcohol like erythritol or xylitol for that sugary type mouth feel.

Oh I should say that the picture is from my first batch and this is my second batch but they look exactly the same :)


Low Carb Chocolate and Pecan Brownies


I thought I should add for those interested that we also have a low carb chocolate fudge brownie recipe here: Low Carb Chocolate Fudge Brownie

2 comments:

Patty said...

Hey, thanks for posting this recipe, it looks great!

Patty
Memphis, TN

Sherrie said...

Your Welcome Patty :)