Friday, January 11, 2008

Kimkins

I was just posting about these posts on kimkins and eating disorders on a kimkins diet forum thread we have when I thought that I should add it here too in case some of you haven't been to Medusas blog this week or for anyone new that comes across my blog through googling kimkins.

Are you guys ready to be shocked like you have never been shocked before?

This is why I (and many others) am so passionate about kimkins, I know there are other very low calorie scam diets out there and we can't win them all, but that doesn't mean we should just sit on our hands if there is something we can do to help.


This is a collection of few blog posts regarding someone in kimkins whom is eating very, very little and exercising like crazy (running and weights), and is looking like she is experiencing problems with her electrolytes (and seeking advice from Kimmer rather then a doctor!). For those that don't realise, if the electrolyte imbalance gets too bad you can die suddenly. Check my VLCD research page for some studies on something similar. This person looks to be eating around 200 calories a day and running and doing weights? every day. There are 3 blog posts posted on medusas blog about this girl called Jane Doe (to protect her identity). I will list them in the order that they were posted and they will get more shocking each time:


Jane Doe 1

Jane Doe 2

Jane Doe 3

Also here is a great post by Bamagal

Eating disorders in older women

5 comments:

OhYeahBabe said...

It is harrowing indeed. Kimkins needs to be stopped, and better education, health and support programs are sorely needed for eating disorders. There are no end to the battles for stopping all of this. :-(

This is all so disturbing.
OYB

Sparky's Girl said...

Oh. My. Word. :0(

2BIG4MYSIZE said...

thanks for sharing this information about the dangerous diet being sold on Kimkins.com with lethal advice from Kimmer

I really hope that young lady stops and doesn't become a page on kimkins survivors blog.

Sherrie said...

Actually I hope she DOES become a page on kimkins survivors because that means she survived!

2BIG4MYSIZE said...

oops never thought about it that way. Okay I hope she makes page one of the Kimkins Survivors and so many more folk who might have bought Kimkins.com from Kimmer see it and don't.