Thursday, March 29, 2007

Low Fat Stigma and Low Carb

Now I had already linked to this article on my low carb forum but after seeing it pinned up on everyones blogs I figured I should too. I won't bother posting the article in its entirety but instead just post the link as that is what is important. The majority of you already know what I am talking about. For those that don't enjoy :)

More Science and Less Zealotry, Please

Now speaking of bacon and brie, I don't know any low carbers who don't eat bacon but for those of you who havn't tried Brie the recipe I posted recently is just the thing to fix that:

Low Carb Brie, Leek and Pumpkin Quiche

Seriousely, it is really good, if none of you have tried it yet then hop to it because it is yum!

I don't know if you guys in the US just call the big halloween type pumpkins, pumpkin or you have smaller ones as well like us? My favourite is a Jap or kent pumpkin (do you have them?), otherwise theres the butternut pumpkin which I believe you call butternut squash?

Anyway you really must try it. Here I am on the blandest of all bland diets lol I havn't eaten any form of chocolate all week and do you know what I am craving right now? Yep thats right Low Carb Brie, Leek and Pumpkin Quiche hehe

I have made this a few times now, and each time it is even better!

Of course I can't have that either right now because both the brie and pumpkin are full of salicytes or amines *sigh*

Oh but heres one for any failsafers out there, I made this tonight and it was very tasty. Actually this would be good for all low carbers!

Chicken, Cabbage, Alfredo

Enjoy :)

2 comments:

BamaGal said...

I wanted you to know I have made the pumpkin quiche today and it is divine. Thanks for sharing.

Sherrie said...

Yay finally someone tried it!

I am still excited by that recipe lol I can't wait until I can eat it again!

Thanks for the feedback :)