Monday, August 14, 2006

Hello and welcome to my little corner of the world!

Hey guys and girls :)

Your probably wondering what this blog is about? Well I am not sure!!!

I am totally new to all this blog stuff, so please forgive me if I do anything silly :)

I am an honest person and will say first up I have my own website A Pinch of Health , and I do hope to help our community grow through this blog. But, I also would like to use this blog for me and to also meet and learn from more people here as well!

Generally I rant and rave about things in my diary on my forum or sometimes in other peoples diaries haha, but I was thinking that this would be a much better place for it!

I could talk about a news article I see that grabs my interest, a study, maybe even just an opinion or thought I want feedback on. I love feedback, giving and receiving, bouncing of ideas...
I like being able to discuss and share all sorts of things as I find it to be a huge platform for learning, growing and understanding.

Ever since I began this low carb journey in 2002, I have learn't an awful lot about what I put in my mouth and my health, yet still have so much to learn. I have also became quite skeptical, no longer do I believe someone purely because they are an authoritive body, especially if they have something to gain like $$$
Rather, I like to form my own opinions by pooling other peoples experiences together, researching, what makes sense/logic and hopefully at the same time keeping an open mind.

Topics can be about anything really. I am interested in a few things like low carbohydrate diets, organic and whole foods, health, parenting especially since having another child recently and web stuff. Hence why I decided to call this blog Pinch of ...

For those that would like a little background on me and my website, it is primarily an Australian based low carb website. Originally just a forum (under a different name) that I used to moderate and a shopfront for an Australian couple selling low carb diet plans and low carb mixes and bodybuilding products. It was a good forum, where they were once quite active and contributed alot of experience and knowledge there. Since that time alot of things have changed, they no longer have a shop front, the forum was hacked and we lost alot of content including some precious diaries of ours!
The owners decided to move on and in doing so asked me if I would like the forum. At the time I had no idea on how to look after a web site and had just had a baby but I didn't want to lose the community that I had grown to love so much and hey what the heck, I love a challenge!

Since then I have been learning all this web stuff, building content on the website and forum, building a web presence ( with the name change came a new domain which meant starting from scratch), as well as trying to keep current with everything, then theres my life outside of this like my family and now little toddler. Sometimes I am like a chook with its head cut off haha but I am getting there!

The website is just that a website or what I like to call it, a community... no product or service is being sold, no advertisements. It is just a website for people to learn from each other and share experiences and ideas. It is primarily a low carbohydrate website but, I would like it to be more then just that. To me low carb means health, environment, getting back to the basics and eating real food not some overly processed bar full of soy and sugar alcohols!
I don't care if your eating 20 grams, 50 grams or 100 grams, If your cutting out or reducing your sugars and starches (especially processed ones) then chances are your low carbing in my book. No one has the right to judge you based on a number or a macronutrient ratio, we are all so different. Not only that the amount of carbs you eat is just part of the picture...

This site isn't about telling you what to do, it is about awareness, learning and sharing!

2 comments:

Lowcarb_dave said...

Woohoo!

Congrats on the new blog!

I can tell it will be a hit!

Dave

Sherrie said...

Thanks Dave :)